A particularly popular topic in 2022 is the Energy Crisis. Under the general trend of energy saving and emission reduction, every government is talking about carbon emissions, especially with the arrival of the European heating season, there is not enough natural gas supply to the European market, how should we spend the difficult winter? Air Source Heating and Cooling has become the obvious choice.
The following article will provide you with detailed information about the advantages of air-source heat pumps.
• Energy efficiency
Energy consumption is only 25% of electric boilers, 50% of coal, and 60% of natural gas, which is less energy consumption and is suitable for areas with less coal, less electricity, and less gas, and where energy is tight.
• Low carbon
The carbon emission of air energy heat pumps is much lower than traditional oil and coal, so it is supported by the policies of countries that attach importance to carbon neutrality, for example, Europe and China have issued policies to support the development of the heat pump industry one after another.
In the intensification of the conflict between Russia and Ukraine, Europe's energy shortage, natural gas, and electricity costs skyrocketed, and governments issued relevant subsidy policies, pulling the air energy market development. According to authoritative institutions predict the potential annual sales of 7 million units in Europe, then the use of air energy in the heating market, whether it can go further to ensure high energy efficiency. First of all, we need to understand the composition of the air heating system, the choice of each part of the product, and the design of the entire system, which will bring different energy-saving effects.
1. Heat and cold source host
The heat and cold source host is the core device of the air conditioning floor heating system, currently on the market according to the structure of the product is divided into a whole machine and a split machine, it is generally recommended to use the full DC inverter technology host, the system configuration DC inverter compressor, stainless steel multi-stage centrifugal pump, DC inverter fan, and a unique 3VF + variable flow system, these will play an important role in the energy efficiency of the entire system, and the host operation stable is also an important indicator of energy saving.
2. End systems
The end of the floor heating and air conditioning system is roughly divided into floor heating, radiators, and fan coils. In order to have a more comfortable experience, consumers generally choose floor heating: by pre-laying floor heating pipes in the user's home, and using low-temperature radiation for indoor heating, this combination of heating and air source of high comfort, energy saving, and does not occupy indoor space.
3. Transmission and distribution system and accessories
Transmission and distribution systems and accessories include system piping, pumps, buffer tanks, sub-collectors, and other auxiliary parts and materials.
(1) The choice of pipe material and diameter for each type of floor heating and air conditioning system should not only consider the load demand of both cooling and heating functions but also take into account the system resistance --- especially the choice of pipe diameter, which directly determines the material cost and system energy consumption. Scientific selection of piping products for transmission and distribution systems is essential to optimize the system.
(2) The pump or mixer pump station is the power fundamental of the entire circulation system. The type of pump is selected according to the water quality of the project and the type of water-side heat exchanger of the air source heat pump equipment. Pump head selection is related to the system energy consumption, system noise, user cost, comfort of use, and other aspects, which requires a scientific and reasonable determination of the pump head according to the demand of the system cooling and heating load. The head is too large for the protection of cooling and heating effect has certain benefits, but at the same time will cause the system energy consumption to be too high, the water flow noise to be too large, and the use of high costs.
(3) A buffer tank is an optional accessory in the floor heating and air conditioning system and is currently used more in engineering projects. Buffer tank installed in the transmission and distribution system, the external insulation layer, can increase the water capacity of the transmission and distribution system, play a role in reducing the host start and stop, in the heat pump unit defrost to maintain the water temperature of the water supply, etc., usually set exhaust, pressure setting device.
(4) The manifold is an accessory to connect the end of the radiant floor heating and the main water supply and return pipe, playing the role of water diversion from the main pipe to each branch and from each branch to the main water return convergence and regulation of the flow of each branch, currently on the market are common stainless steel manifold, copper manifold, and plastic manifold and other manifolds, there can be integrated temperature, pressure display, automatic water mixing, heat metering, and other functions. By adjusting the manifold, we can realize the time-sharing control of floor heating in different rooms. Of course, adjusting the manifold is achieved by opening and closing the electric heating actuator, and users are generally recommended to choose the paraffin formulation actuator, which has more stability and high sensitivity as well as longer usable life.
3. Control system
The most basic function of the control system of floor heating and air conditioning is to monitor the indoor temperature to achieve the control of the heat pump host as well as the end start and stop, in addition to the switch function, also includes the operation mode, parameter settings, etc., generally through the thermostat (also called control panel) external device to achieve.